New from Ferndale Dairy
- Norfolk Pinkfoot is a young, crumbly, tangy cousin to Norfolk Dapple.
- Made from excellent whole raw cows’ milk from Abbey Farm Dairy in Binham, assuring reliable quality.
- When making Pinkfoot, the curd is allowed to ripen for a lot longer, slowly acidifying over more than 12 hours before it is potted up and put into the presses. By slowing down this process the cheese achieved a crumblier texture with a tarter flavour.
- The cheese is matured in cloth bandages affixed with butter, for a minimum of two months.
- The cheese has an attractive orange colour which will help it stand out in delicatessens or on cheeseboards.
- An excellent “picnic cheese” or “cheeseboard cheese”, worth tasting for its own sake or with simple food pairings
Please note all cheeses are hand-cut, therefore the weights listed are approximate. We work very hard to cut them as accurately as we can!
|Country Of Origin||England|
|Strength Of Cheese||Fresh & Milky|
|Style Of Cheese||Hard|
Keen to try Ferndale's new cheese as Norfolk Tawny is one of my all time favourite cheeses. This looks and cuts like a Red Leicester but has the tang of wensleydale. Great on crackers or in a ploughmans but it also melts beautifully as well. A winner