The British Continental deluxe provides a selection of British cheeses which are wonderful alternatives to well-known continental cheeses. Don't believe us? why not try?
- Baron Bigod - (cows) Raw milk cheese made in the style of a Brie de Meux, you'll find this cheese in a number of Parisian cheese shops or on the menu of a royal wedding. Approx 250g
- Cornish Gouda - (cows) made in Cornwall as good as any dutch gouda. Approx 200g
- Skegness Blue - (cows) made in Lincolnshire, the soft cream nature of this blue gives this a similarity to a Dolcelatte whilst giving the classic flavours of a British blue such as a Coston Basset Blue Stilton. Approx 200g
- Ogleshield - (cows) cheese from the west country made using Jersey cows milk and a great melter, We use this in many of our toasties & is the perfect alternative to Raclette. Approx 200g
- Cornish Kern - (cows) made by the Lynher dairy, best known for Cornish Yarg. Cornish Kern is a hard cheese and bears a reasonable resemblance in taste to a Comte.
- Mayfield Swiss (cow) similarities to Gruyere & Emmental - approx 200g
- Old Winchester (cow) - Easily mistaken for a Pecorino, and as such makes for a perfect alternative to a Parmesan or Pecorino in your favourite pasta dish or of course to be eaten on its own. Approx 200g
- Cote Hill Blue (cow) - creamy blue remind us of Montagnolo (cow) although with slightly strong blue flavour approx 200g
- Spenwood (Ewes) - an unpasteurised sheep milk cheese, in look and appearance and to a degree taste reminds us of a Tomme Savoie. Approx 200g
If you want to support The British Cheese Industry but have a propensity for some continental classics then the 'The British Continental Deluxe' is the perfect solution. We'll introduce you to a range of British Cheeses we believe are the perfect alternatives to many classics we love and know.
The selection comes complete with savoury crackers so the cheeseboard can be enjoyed from the day of delivery. Why not add a local Norfolk beer or wine to your order? Give this a go and try something different, you might find a new favorite?
The selection comes complete with tasting notes and a box of savoury crackers so the cheeseboard can be enjoyed from the day of delivery. Why not add a local Norfolk beer or wine to your order? Give this a go and try something different, you might find a new favorite?
SENDING AS A GIFT? - Don't forget to include a note for the recipient which we will hand-write onto a card giving it that personal touch. There is no additional cost included.. Please select the delivery date you would like at the checkout, but bear in mind that next-day delivery is only available between Tuesday – Friday each week. We do not provide a weekend delivery service.