Our Green Credentials
What can we all do to make the world a greener safer world?
It has been something very much on our minds for several years. We watch our children grow up and witness the entry into this world of our grandchildren and realise what a mess of a world they are inheriting from people like us, who ultimately have been very much part of the problem the world faces now.
We might not be able to solve the problems of the world, but we can do our bit and hope that if everybody does their bit the result will be that we can help change the tide.
We're constantly looking at ways in which we can reduce the use of plastics and ensure that everything is recyclable or biodegradeable.
Over the last 18 months we have done the following:
- We no longer offer plastic bags.
- We charge 10p for our paper bags to encourage people using their own reusable bags.
- We have added "bags for life" tote bags which we sell at cost price.
- All our coffee cups and lids are now 100% biodegradable.
- Picnic hampers are supplied in biodegradable packaging.
- We have vastly reduced the use of celophane when wrapping gift hampers. Most of our hampers are packed in recycled, biodegrabable cardboard boxes.
- We have added a plant a tree program where we plant a tree for every order we receive online. (click on the image below).
- We have also added a plant a tree program in our cafe where customers can opt to have a tree planted for them for addition of £1.23 to their bill, because "one, two, three, plant a tree".
This is just a start as we review daily what we can do to minimise the effect we have on the environment.